(1) Email updates and contacting you. As a Site dedicated to opening new doors of opportunity for young Australians FYA will regularly alert and update you and other users about interesting organisations, promotions, opportunities, sites, initiatives or institutions which we believe might be useful to young Australians (and you authorise us to contact you for this purpose but we promise we won’t send you anonymous love letters). We do send out some awesome info, but you can always opt-out of receiving future mailings (see the choice/opt-out section below). Note that we will never send you an email asking for your password or other Account information (just like you wouldn’t give someone your bank details because they are claiming you have won a million dollars). If you receive such an email, forward it to us immediately so we can take action (and try to track down the sneaky devil) and then delete the email.
(2) Types of Information Collected/Uses of Information Operating the Site.
(a) Non- personally identifiable information. In operating the Site we will collect non-personally identifiable information automatically (nothing about your freakishly large pinky toe) and some in our registration forms and online surveys. We might also link into other external platforms: like an interface with an external social media platform to simplify the registration process, and/or use an external blogging platform. Certain, non-personally identifiable information (including, but not limited to, your IP address, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the domain name from which you linked to our Site) might be collected by our web servers (or those of an external interface) to help diagnose technical problems (our IT doctors will work their magic) and to help administer our Site.
(b) Personal information. FYA will collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for our activities and functions of the Site and to make it awesome. In addition, sometimes our Site’s registration form or online survey or competition may require users to give us personal information (like their name, telephone number, home address and e-mail address). This collection of personal information will always be by lawful and fair means. We will always ensure that personal information is not sold to any third party or share without consent. If FYA receives unsolicited personal information and determine it to be unnecessary for our activities or functions of this Site, we will ensure this information is either destroyed or de-identified, where lawful and practical to do so. This applies if the information is received by us or from any third party.
(3) Analysing our service. We might publish aggregate statistics about usage, membership, traffic patterns and other related site information that does not personally identify members. This is important stuff for FYA to ensure that our content and services continue to meet the general needs of our users and members.
(4) Evaluation. For research and evaluation purposes we (or an authorized representative) might also use information for internal research purposes (however we will not disclose your identity or any other personal information that you might post).
(5) The blogging part. Obviously, our Site contains public blogs and other forums available to users, which is super cool. This Site is set up so that it only discloses personal information provided by you in these areas to the extent you create a unique public user profile, which includes your user name, description about you, comments, forum and blog posts. Please be aware that any information you post or disclose in these areas becomes public information. We advise you to not post personal information in your profile, as other users can view this (don’t try and be a charmer, it’s not a dating website).
(6) But we won't pass it on. Regardless, we will not sell or disclose your personal data to any third party unless we first obtain explicit permission from you (we’ve got your back). This commitment to protect your personal privacy is paramount. However, the world deserves to see the incredible content you post, so have a look in clause 11 below to see how we can help you do this.
(7) Sometimes the law steps in. Please note that there may be instances where FYA may decide or be required to disclose personal information without your consent:
(a) if we believe there is a serious and imminent threat to the life, health or safety of yourself or another person;
(b) if disclosure is required or authorised by law (for example where a regulatory authority has the power to request the provision of certain records or information);
(c) if disclosure is reasonably necessary to enable an enforcement body to perform its functions, for example.
(8) Username/Password/Blog Identity. We will ask you to create a unique user name and password combination or a 'blog identity' in order to access and use certain features or functions on the Site (avoid making your password super easy, such as your birthday). Any identity which you create on the Site (whether it be a username, password or blog identity) are personal to you and you must not allow any other person to copy or use your user name or password under any circumstances (not even if your friend’s bribe you with festival tickets). You agree to notify us if you believe that someone might be using your identify or if you need to deactivate your identity due to any other security concerns by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or going to the "Contact" section on our Site.
(10) Links. We might post links on our Site or send you an email about other organisations that we think are interesting and you might want to check out. These partner organisations can range from not-for-profit and government to media and corporate partners. We do not however verify, endorse, or have any responsibility for these third party sites, their business practices or any goods or services associated with or obtained from any such site. You need to make your own enquiries about how they operate. This section also applies to any third parties such as advertisers who may advertise on the Site.
(11) Content. By posting content and pictures on our Site it becomes part of the YPWB community (Avoid the awkward convo with your Aunty on Christmas Day when she asks about that photo…anything you post…anyone in the world can see). If we do like what you post, you authorise FYA to share that content (including photographs and videos) in a different part of the Site for non-commercial purposes, in FYA's other websites, promotional materials or in order to promote YPWB. This is great motivation for you to post your grand social action experiences. Make sure you check out “What’s Hot” in the Terms section. If you have questions then please email us at email@example.com or go to the "Contact" section on our Site.
(12) Peeps outside of FYA using your data. You authorise us to share non-personally identifiable information with our business partners on an aggregated basis or for the expressed purposes of web site functionality. You understand that when completing a Challenge or Start Year, you will be working with Third Parties, independent from FYA and they may collect and share personal information. Before disclosing any of your personal information outside of Australia, FYA will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient will comply with Australian Privacy Principles, providing sufficient protection of your personal information. By using our online services you consent to the transfer when necessary of your information outside of Australia. FYA will take reasonable steps to de- identify or destroy personal information when they no longer need it. We will also advise our partners to conduct strict security and confidentiality practices as to how they store, handle and deal with personal information.
(13) Access to your information. Please contact us if you would like to access a copy of your personal information or believe that the information we have about you is not up-to-date, complete or accurate.
(a) You have the right to request the correction of any information, which relates to you and is inaccurate. If you would like FYA to delete your personal information, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we are required by law to keep it. If we receive personal information that we do not require as part of our activities and services, FYA will make every effort to destroy this information as soon as possible and we reserve the right to do so without your consent. This benefits you and your privacy.
(b) If you are not happy with how we resolve your concerns about our use of your personal information and you have a complaint, you may refer the matter to the Privacy Commissioner who has the power to award compensation in appropriate circumstances.
(a) Security measures
While there is no such thing as "perfect" security on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information. FYA will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. These measures include dedicated fire walled servers, password encrypted SQL databases, and restrictions on user-to-user data.
(c) Choice/Opt-Out. If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in the e-mail that you receive from us, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the "Contact" section on our Site. Remember you can ‘opt out’ of receiving direct marketing at any time. Also note that you can permanently delete your YPWB account or temporarily de-activate your YPWB account at any time.
(d) Correct/Update. To change/modify information, go to your user profile after logging in and follow the links.