Enough is enough! It feels like we can't open a magazine any more without being bombarded by misogynistic images of women. It's sexist, two-dimensional and plain UNFAIR.
Your challenge: change the message of these ads by giving a voice back to the women inside them.
- Gather some examples of the worst offenders. You won't have to look hard to find magazines that are sexist as hell.
- Print off these speech bubbles and stick them on the page.
- Give agency to the women in each ad by giving her a voice. What would she say? Your words can be angry, funny or sarcastic.
- Leave the magazine where somebody will find it. They'll get the message that sexism is not on.
- Post a picture of your remixed image here.
Image: James Vaughan @ Flickr